The music of Forrest Gump doesn’t merely serve as the background filler to the movie, rather, it enhances it, and helps the viewer further get a glimpse and taste the era Forrest finds himself in. The twang of the guitar in Duane Eddy’s Rebel Rouser takes us down to the Deep South in a time it brimmed with racial segregation and discrimination, while Jefferson Airplane’s Volunteers successfully strums up the vehement feelings of the late 60’s. Even though it is a diverse selection of music from a very eventful time in American, and world, history, the soundtrack of Forrest Gump somehow comes together perfectly, and, without feeling like a jumbled oldies station, further cements the brilliance of the movie.
The original story of the little mermaid is that she must kill the prince in order to be human, and in the end, she loves him too much and kills herself instead.
The artwork is too great not to reblog.
Ok, ok - important expansion: she only has to kill the Prince because the deal was if he fell in love with her she could be human forever, and he didn’t. By which I mean, he was a good person and genuinely nice to her, but he didn’t fall in love. He fell in love with someone else, also perfectly nice - not the seawitch in disguise, fu Disney. The Mermaid is told she can only return to the sea now if she kills the Prince. She goes into the room where he and his lover lie sleeping and they look so beautiful and happy together that she can’t do it.
That’s why she kills herself. And because it was a noble act she returns to sea as foam.
One moral of the story was that women shouldn’t fundamentally change who they are for love of a man, and in theory Han Christian Anderson wrote it for a ballerina with whom he fell in love. She was marrying someone else who wouldn’t let her dance.
Oh my god
1. He dances like this at parties
2. He can do this with his face
3. He quit smoking 3 years ago like a badass
4. He loves his family and mama a whole lot
5. He also fucking loves his dogs and animals in general
classy as fuck
6. He uses his fame wisely. He is extremely devoted in animal, wildlife and human welfare and charities, like the WWF, and encourages his fans to petition and donate with him. Leo helps save tigers and elephants and whales and more. He donated a fucking million dollars to Haiti. He had a giant birthday party, but all the guests had to donate money for wildlife efforts. When he won his ONLY Golden Globe for The Aviator, in his speech he urged the audience to contribute to the earthquake relief at that time. He is currently taking a break with acting to rest and to focus more on this stuff. He is a fucking green superhero
that is a candid photo bitch
7. He has been besties with Kate Winslet since Titanic, he even made a ring for her, and he spoils her kids. Kate’s ex husbands are all scared of Leo because Kate loves him so much and he could probably beat them up if they ever hurt her and they should get married but that’s a whole other damn story just look at them
ps kate says of all her sex scenes she does in films (like a lot) she liked working with him the best. damn girl just friends?
8. He has also been besties with Tobey Maguire since they were little kids and they are such dorks
9. This picture
are you not in love yet
10. He grew up in a shitty ghetto area of LA surrounded by crime and drugs, so he vowed never to get involved with that stuff. Have you seen a mug shot of him? Noooo
11. Lol when his hair gets too long he wears a fucking headband
12. He’s ironing on a fucking roof
13. The fact that he always fucking walks like this
he just loves to walk okay
14. He is just a classy, suave motherfucker
15. Also as serious as he seems most of the time, he used to do photo-shoots like this:
“She is by far the most committed, dedicated, focused actor i have ever worked with. a year before we started making the movie, on her own dime for 365 days she trained for eight hours, swam a mile a day, learned ballet, became a prima ballerina, and then when we shot, every single day she was in every single scene in every shot, and she shared her heart, soul and spirit with me and with the world.”
- Darren Aronofsky on working with Natalie Portman for Black Swan.
do you ever just “what the fuck is the point” so hard that you stop everything you’re doing and stare and pretty much wonder why you don’t vanish from existence because the level of done you are should pretty much deconstruct your biological makeup
Don’t know if you know, but apparently, there’s a wayne enterprise’s satellite in Man of Steel…
You know what it
probablymeans ?! :D
NB: Zach said that it was just an hommage to the friendship he and Chris have. Pff.. I’m pretty sure IT’s coming !!!!!!!
[X], go to 18:40 if you want the facts, or you can watch it whole, it’s great stuff :)